Camp Toonalook Reflection

Hey,

My class, 5B, just went on our second camp of the year. We stayed at a campsite on the edge of the Banksia Peninsula that was called Toonalook. We were very luck because the weather wasn’t too bad and the raining didn’t stop us from doing any activities.

Inside games

Speaking of activities, we did, kayaking, bike riding, koala spotting, fishing, Toona challenge, the shoe game and soooooo much more.

As well as activities we did and things we saw on the way, we felt so much more than that. Everyone created an incredible bond with one another, because we spent all day every day with none other than 5B 2019.

The PLAs I think that everyone showed were courage, when we had to pitch a tent (for some of us it was the first time in our life!), Collaboration, because of the Toona challenge at the end where we could only win by working as a team, Knowledge when we were on the bike ride we could only get out morning tea if we answered a trivia question (the questions were all about Toona) and Curiosity, when me and a couple others found a hidden playground.

The food there was award winning! I’m sure EVERYONE will agree on that! 

The main challenge for me was being away from my skateboard, I know it sounds silly, but i missed being able to just sit in my room and practice my Ollie’s.

In the end I really got to know my friends and even make some new ones. Toonalook was so amazing and I’m really excited to go again next year.

Does your school go on camps, and if so where to?

Bye!

Oh! Almost forgot! Here is the video we made along the way!

7 thoughts on “Camp Toonalook Reflection

1. Hey Esther,
    I thought camp was amazing too! For us though, it was soo hot! It was above 35 degrees, and we all got burnt! The food was awesome!
    My favourite activity was koala spotting, and going on the speedboat!
    I saw a total of 21 adult koalas, and one tiny baby with large eyes and a button nose, riding on a Mum! It was casually strolling in the street, going into peopels’s houses and stuff!
    Around the campfire, we played Empire.
    You can check out my blog for more!
    Where is your dream holiday destination?
    From Joanna.

1. Hi Joanna,
      I would love to go to Fiji or Bali and just lay in the sun! Although after a while it would feel tooooooo hot.
      Where have you been recently?
      From Esther

2. Hi Esther. That blog post was amazing. It really describes Toonallook. Sounds like you had as good as a time that 5S had. Hope that the sunrise on the last morning was as good as it was for us.

-Claire

3. Hi Esther,
    I also went on camp as you know and I had so much fun, I really liked all of the activities. I hope that your team won the shoe game and I hope you didn’t lose your voice from all of the screaming. Hope you had fun, well I am guessing you gpdid because of what you just said.

From Ruby.

4. Hi Esther,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog. It was filled with detailed information and I was able to understand it. Camp Toonallook was also really fun for me!

Annabel

5. Hi Esther,
    Your camp sounds amazing! I live in Canada, so had to google where it is. I also have to remind myself it’s spring for you – I am watching snow drift down here today.

What a huge lake! It sounds like you had a great week. So many fun activities to do. What was your favorite? I’d love koala spotting – I have only seen them in a zoo. Do you get to go back next year?

Excellent post! You gave lots of details and obviously made me want more! I really liked the bit about your skateboard, 😁

Marg
    Student blogging challenge commenter
    1marg.edublogs.org

6. Hi, it’s Julien.
    Wow! Sounds like your trip was a blast! I too went on an overnight field study. I curious on what you thought of the activities you did?

blog44.ca/julienk