Sovereign Hill 2019

As you may know my class, 5B visited Sovereign Hill as one of our year five camps. I definitely learned a lot but I am going to refine all my memories to the few that were by far the best.

First of all I am going to tell you about the things I learnt. I leant many things but as I said, I am only going to tell you some of them. We went underground as a mine tour, and of course we did not go down the old way because someone could have been injured by the old ladders. When we were underground we learnt that a lot of miners died because of the roof collapsing on them. Which was very unfortunate and horrible to think about but sadly a lot of miners new the risks before they risked their life’s. I showed courage because when we went underground we were completely blinded and could not see anything and it was very surprising.

My favourite part of camp was when we went to school because it was so well thought out and it was very fun to pretend I was from that time. I felt sad that a lot of people had to live in tents for long periods of time and they didn’t have a house.

To enhance the experience I would make the school program go for longer because I really liked the program and it would have been much more fun because we would get used to saying “yes, Ma’am”.

If you had to choose would you go to school at Sovereign Hill or go on a mine tour and why?

10 thoughts on “Sovereign Hill 2019

1. Hey Esther,
    I liked you descriptive words and word choices, in my opinion your story was interesting to read and I would definitely show this to others as a good example.

From Mia

1. Hey Esther!,
      I also loved Sovereign Hill camp!
      My favourite parts were the schools program, the mine tour and the Aura show!
      I would rather do the schools program because you get to do things that other visitors don’t get to do.
      What was your favourite part of the schools program?
      Bye! Duncan

2. Hi Esther,

Can’t possibly choose between school and mine tours! Both amazing ways to learn. Really do love the way we get to build a relationship with Ma’am and Miss M on this camp as well.

Were there any skills or qualities of school in the 1850 that might be useful today?

Mr B.

3. Hi Esther,
    I think your post was very detailed and interesting. I loved sovereign hill and I think that the schools were really fun and I loved learning about all the ma’ams and sirs and things. But the mine tours were really interesting and realistic. I loved the hologram projections as well. So the answer to your question is the mine tours
    I really enjoyed reading your post. Keep up the good work!
    Nik

4. Hi Esther,
    Give me teaching Year 5 PE at Carey any day over working in a mine with those sorts of hazards! Really enjoyed reading your blog.
    Mr.Nichol

5. Hi Esther!
    This blog post is amazing! I really think you explained Sovereign Hill really well. If I had to choose between the school and the gold mines I would have to choose the school. The reason why is because going underground was quite terrifying to me. Im glad I did it and gave it ago but I would rather do School because we didn’t get much time to do each activity.
    What would you choose and why?
    From Taylor

6. Hi Easther!
    I like your blog it gives us soo many imformation, best one so far, seemed like you had a grate time at camp!

from Emilia

7. Hey Esther,
    I reckon I’d go with the school, because it really gives you a feel of the 1850’s.
    I got kind of, but not really, ‘embarrassed’, because that on time when I said I was from Europe, and not Australia, 😳
    Did you have any pressuring times?

-Camo

8. Hey Esther,
    Did you have any pressuring times?

-Cam

9. Hi Esther!
    It sounded like you had so much fun at camp. This was a really ensightful post and it looks like you learned lots. Did you have fun being attendance monitor or did you find it boring after a while?
    Leo