Book Week!

My favourite part of the literature festival was when we went out with our buddies and went to the stalls where we could do bookmark making, colouring in or a treasure hunt. I had to help run the bookmark making stall so my buddy went with someone else but it was really fun because lots of kids came and made bookmarks. I was in charge of laminating the finished bookmarks and from where the laminator was I could see over the stall. Overall me and my friends had a great time.

When Mark Wilson came to speak to us he told us stories of Australian animals that he had drawn and his experience with drawing and making books.  My favourite part was when he showed us a picture of the Tasmanian Tiger. He said that the Tiger was very unique creature, it has the legs of a kangaroo, the body of a tiger and the face of a bear with a detachable jaw. This creature had a bounty if one pound (which was a lot back then) if you could bring the government the tail of one. But the queen told these people that this was an amazing animal and that they shouldn’t be hunting them, unfortunately by the time the second bounty went up saying that if you could prove that one was still alive it seemed as if it was too late. Mark still believes that these beautiful creatures are still alive, whereas others believe it to be extinct.

What do you like to read?